Webb åt Originalmedia

För ett tag sedan fick jag kontakt med Anders på Originalmedia. De är ett göteborgsbaserat film-produktionsbolag som fokuserar på att göra dokumentär och informationsfilmer. De hade haft lite otur med ombyggnaden av sin webb. Det hade blivit pannkaka helt enkelt.

Jag visste direkt att jag ville visa en stor video på förstasidan. Det är så roligt med projekt där det finns fina bra material att utgå ifrån. Vi jobbade fram och sjösatte en WordPress-lösning.

Slipstream Traces – Barcelona!

Nu finns det två nya episoder i Slipstream Traces! Traces är en videoserie där Slipstreamåkarna utforskar nya delar av världen att åka på. Tidigare avsnitt har varit från den Norska landsbygden, Portugal och Sardinien. I år är det Barcelona!

Jag har varit kreativ projektledare och stillbildsfotograf för både årets Barcelona-videos och förra året på Sardinien.

Läs mer och se filmerna på Slipstreams hemsida! Många av stillbilderna jag tagit finns på Facebook men guldkornen sparas till olika marknadsföringsmaterial.

 

Slipstream Longboards – Team meeting video

The Swedish Slipstream team and I did short video edit from Ramberget this winter. With an interview with our two new team riders Ming Chan and Marcus Tjernström.

We went out one afternoon and shoot the action part at Ramberget. We did the interview at Wieselgrensplatsen. I did photo and edit.

All work on this video is done as an employee at Medium Distribution.

HandBrake to encode HD video for Youtube

I’ve just defeated a problem I had with Youtube not accepting my videos encoded with Handbrake.

I usually encode videos using the High Profile preset in Handbrake but for some reason Youtube wasn’t very happy with that. It uploaded fine but after converting it it only displayed the first 30 seconds of my video. And that in fast forward speed. Not what I wanted.

By default Handbrake use the x264 encoder. If you select FFmpeg in the Video tab it works fines. I also increased the quality to QP:5 which seems to be ok for Youtube.

Making screencasts for Youtube with CamStudio

Yesterday I needed to find a simple and robust solutions for recording a screencast. It turned out to be not as easy as I thought.

To get a similar workflow as with my other video editing I wanted it to work like this:

  1. Record a 1280 x 720 section from my screen to a high quality format
  2. Open and edit the recorded file in Sony Vegas Platinum 8
  3. Render it from Vegas to a lossless format
  4. Re-render it using HandBrake
  5. Upload the file to Youtube

Record with CamStudio

I started out with the latest beta of CamStudio. It a nice, simple and easy tool that does what I need.

My first attempt was to save an AVI file with the included Microsoft Video 1 codec. The quality was pretty low so I tried to use the CamStudioCodec (from their web site). I got a nice looking AVI. However Vegas didn’t really like this file. It worked, but it was very slow.

Then I tried to use the Huffyuv codec that I had installed recently when I optimized my HDV workflow. It created a BEAUTIFUL HUGE file that I could work with in Vegas. I edited the file, normalized the audio and rendered the video almost exactly the same way as I render all my other videos (described in my HDV workflow). I just lowered the resolution from 1440 x 1080 to 1280 x 720.

Re-render and upload to Youtube

I opened the file in HandBrake and selected the High Profile. I exported the file the same way as in my normal HDV workflow. It created a good looking file. I uploaded it to Youtube. Everything went smooth. Until I looked at the video on Youtube. It came out gray. No video at all. I made a test upload to Vimeo. No problems. I tried with different codecs and settings. Both in Handbrake, Vegas and CamStudio. All came out gray on Youtube.

I tried really hard to understand why this didn’t work but I couldn’t get it to work so I resorted to Avidemux. I opened the file in Avidemux. Selected the MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid) codec for video and MP3 for audio (I increased the quality on both). I exported the file and boom. It worked fine on Youtube.

I’m not sure what went wrong. Or why. And I ended up yet another tool in my belt. But I almost reached my goal of having similar workflows so I’m pleased.