Pair Programming Timer is a simple (egg clock style) timer. You can use it when you are pair programming and need a reminder for when to switch driver.
Before I started pairing I often felt that there was a gap between business and development -departments. Communication was mostly done via bug trackers or specifications. Issues were ofter dealt with via e-mail and misconceptions were common.
Since I started pairing I feel a greater (not perfect but better!) contact to the business and I think it’s because I’m used to take discussions.… Fortsätt läsa
I’m a big fan of pair programming. The one issue I have is that it’s a bit harder to set up the ergonomics for two persons with one computer.
At work I have one computer with two keyboards, two mice and two monitors.… Fortsätt läsa
I’ve read up on some pair programming research. Here is the different papers I’ve read. With a short description for each.
Strengthening the Case for Pair-Programming
They compare results from professional developers working with and without pair programming and teams at the university doing both pair programming and non pair programming.… Fortsätt läsa
Coding QA Podcast – Episode 30 Pair Testing
- Pair testing makes you more open to think about the customer and corner cases
- You increase creativity by helping each other to see new solutions
- If you are having a bad day there will be someone helping you out
- You’ll be more effective pair programming
- Important to create an uniform workstation so you can pair on every workstation
- The rule: You aren’t forced to seek out pair programming but if someone asks, you to, you are required to join
Pair Programming Timer
A simple, egg clock like, timer that can be used to help you keep track of when to change driver.… Fortsätt läsa