I while ago I introduced a friend to Firefox. I didn’t want to push it but just show it and I hoped it would stick. After some weeks I asked if she liked it and she said it was nice but that she missed the tabs that IE had.… Fortsätt läsa
System.Threading.ThreadStateException : The CurrentThread needs to have it's ApartmentState set to ApartmentState.STA to be able to automate Internet Explorer.
If you are running your tests with MBUnit you can add the following to your TestFixture:
[TestFixture(ApartmentState = ApartmentState.STA)]
When I grew up I had some issues with my back. Nothing special, more normal bad posture and spending too much by the computer. When I got my first RSI problems. I forgot my back problems until I talked to a therapist one and a half years ago that got me thinking about RSI as a secondary effect from bad posture and back problems.… Fortsätt läsa
If you want the Gimp toolbars to behave like normal windows it’s easy to change. Just select Edit / Preferences / Window Managment and change Hint for the toolbox and Hint for the other windows to Normal window.
- Fight code rot!
- Should we stop mocking?
- Context/Specification with MSpec
- Object databases for .NET
- Continuous integration – a case study
- Web APIs
- Where is .NET in five years?
- DBB with RSpec for .NET
- Working with legacy code
- Convention over configuration
- Visual programming languages?
Coding QA Podcast – Episode 30 Pair Testing
- Pair testing makes you more open to think about the customer and corner cases
- You increase creativity by helping each other to see new solutions
- If you are having a bad day there will be someone helping you out
- You’ll be more effective pair programming
- Important to create an uniform workstation so you can pair on every workstation
- The rule: You aren’t forced to seek out pair programming but if someone asks, you to, you are required to join
Pair Programming Timer
A simple, egg clock like, timer that can be used to help you keep track of when to change driver.… Fortsätt läsa
I have been thinking about creating an easy solution to backup some files from different computers to thumb drives. I wanted a solution that was portable (so I could run it from the thumb drive) and easy to configure (maximum update one path to copy from and one to copy to).… Fortsätt läsa
I have been using a custom build CMS that’s really basic for a tiny site for some years. It has around 200 posts so it’s not a huge site but too much too migrate to a new host by hand. I have been using WordPress for some other sites and I really like it so I decided to look into migrating the data from my current custom CMS to WordPress (and host it on wordpress.com).… Fortsätt läsa
Update: I’ve added the layouts I use to MyDvorakLayouts at Github
I have been using Svorak (a Swedish variant of the Dvorak keyboard layout) for some years, so I’ve had the chance to use it under some different operative systems. The standard Dvorak layout is available in all (?) operative systems but the Swedish variant is available out of the box in Linux only.… Fortsätt läsa