EmbCode is a software development house in Gothenburg that specialise in building hight quality embedded products. We’ve started a long term cooperation half a year ago where I’m helping with project management and marketing.… Fortsätt läsa
At work we always have a pretty hefty development environment. At home I’ve never had any dedicated environment for my web development. It’s both a relief and something I miss.
Today I’ll try to set up a WordPress development environment that’s a bit more robust than my old setup where I download the file I need to change from my website to my desktop, change it, upload it and refresh the browser.… Fortsätt läsa
I want to have our Selenium tests to run automatically the same way as our other NUnit tests does. This means that I want to have the Selenium Server started automatically before running the test cases.
- I started by downloading the Selenium RC and unzipped it to C:SeleniumSelenium-RC
- I created a .NET project where I referenced the ThoughtWorks DLLs in C:SeleniumSelenium-RCselenium-dotnet-client-driver-1.0.1
- I added a new class to where I copied the Selenium getting started C# class
- I added my own TestFixtureSetup and a TestFixtureTeardown to this class.
Before I started pairing I often felt that there was a gap between business and development -departments. Communication was mostly done via bug trackers or specifications. Issues were ofter dealt with via e-mail and misconceptions were common.
Since I started pairing I feel a greater (not perfect but better!) contact to the business and I think it’s because I’m used to take discussions.… Fortsätt läsa
I’m a big fan of pair programming. The one issue I have is that it’s a bit harder to set up the ergonomics for two persons with one computer.
At work I have one computer with two keyboards, two mice and two monitors.… Fortsätt läsa
I’ve read up on some pair programming research. Here is the different papers I’ve read. With a short description for each.
Strengthening the Case for Pair-Programming
They compare results from professional developers working with and without pair programming and teams at the university doing both pair programming and non pair programming.… Fortsätt läsa
System.Threading.ThreadStateException : The CurrentThread needs to have it's ApartmentState set to ApartmentState.STA to be able to automate Internet Explorer.
If you are running your tests with MBUnit you can add the following to your TestFixture:
[TestFixture(ApartmentState = ApartmentState.STA)]
- Fight code rot!
- Should we stop mocking?
- Context/Specification with MSpec
- Object databases for .NET
- Continuous integration – a case study
- Web APIs
- Where is .NET in five years?
- DBB with RSpec for .NET
- Working with legacy code
- Convention over configuration
- Visual programming languages?
Coding QA Podcast – Episode 30 Pair Testing
- Pair testing makes you more open to think about the customer and corner cases
- You increase creativity by helping each other to see new solutions
- If you are having a bad day there will be someone helping you out
- You’ll be more effective pair programming
- Important to create an uniform workstation so you can pair on every workstation
- The rule: You aren’t forced to seek out pair programming but if someone asks, you to, you are required to join
Pair Programming Timer
A simple, egg clock like, timer that can be used to help you keep track of when to change driver.… Fortsätt läsa
Don’t miss the Alt.NET ”unconference” this Saturday!… Fortsätt läsa