New web site for Section C!

I have just published the web site for the Swedish skateboard distributor Section C! It’s running on WordPress with a custom theme. Much black, to get the nice contrasts with all the photos.

Some screenshots

Home / first -page screenshot
An example of a brand sub page

Bachelor Thesis!

In the last semester at the IT University I wrote my Bachelor Thesis together with Peter Thorin. We evaluated the maturity of a Microsoft tool for model driven development called Microsoft Domain-Specific Languge Tools (DSL Tools).

The work included building a MetaModel for Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) using DSL Tools and compare the results, both in the time it took to develop the MetaModel and the number of elements in our language, with existing studies on similar techniques (UML MetaModel extensions and UML Profiles).

Since no definition for SOA existed a literature review was conducted as part of the work. This resulted in a requirement specification for what elements that should be included in our SOA based on in how many different studies an element was mentioned.

The work was very interesting since no previous work on DSL Tools were available and that DSL Tools will become an important technique when developing software.

The work resulted in an article; Bachelors article: Evaluating Microsoft Domain-Specific Language Tools – an Empirical Study of Domain-Specific Languages and Service-Oriented Architecture. The study was rewarded with an A.

Video from the presentation

Update 071129: This paper has been accepted to the SERPS conference! Read more on the Göteborg University web site.

Semester 5: Project Socio

Socio Icon The fifth semester (at the IT University) I was part of a six person team that analyzed an existing application written for Mac OS X (in Objective-C), with the ambitions to reuse as much as possible of the application, though changing requirements for it.

The first requirement added, was that the new application (Socio) should be available on other platforms than Mac OS X. This requirement was achieved by building the new code in C# / Mono and embedding both the Mono runtime and the Objective-C runtime in a C application.

The second requirement added was to make the current monolith application extendable. This requirement was solved by creating a Plug-in architecture where the whole application runs as different plug-ins for the complete functionality.

The first thing that was done was an analysis of the current application followed by the creation of a requirement specification and architecture for this application (no requirements or architecture documents were available). Then we added the two requirements and created a new architecture that was implemented.

The hardest part in this project was to understand, learn and make all different techniques work together.

My roles in this project were as architect and developer.

The following artifacts were produced during the project:

  • Article – An Evaluation of Porting and Reuse Activities
  • Requirements
  • Architecture
  • Design
  • And a number of other documents

Download all documentation from the Socio project (16 MB)

Development for this project is continued; see the Socio web site and the Sharp Wired web site for more information.